|Trilogy of Terror|
|Brazilian title||Trilogia do Terror|
|Directed by|| José Mojica Marins|
|Produced by|| Antonio Polo Galante|
|Written by|| Ozualdo Candeias|
José Mojica Marins
Trilogy of Terror (original title: Trilogia do Terror) is an anthology horror film consisting of 3 stories adapted from the Brazilian TV series Beyond, Much Beyond the Beyond (Além, Muito Além do Além): The Agreement (O Acordo), Procession of the Dead (A Procissão dos Mortos), and Macabre Nightmare (Pesadelo Macabro).
(1) The AgreementEdit
- Brazilian title: (O Accordo)
- Directed by Ozualdo Candeias
- Written by Ozualdo Candeias
- Cast: Lucy Rangel, Regina Célia, Durvalino de Souza, Luis Humberto, Alex Ronay, Henrique Borgens, Ugarte, Nádia Tell, Éddio Smani, Eucaris de Morais (“Karé”).
A mother becomes involved with black magic and offers a virgin woman to the devil in exchange for curing the illness of her only son. (40 minutes)
(2) Procession of the DeadEdit
- Brazilian title: (Prossecão dos Mortes)
- Directed by Luis Segio Person
- Written by Luis Segio Person
- Cast: Lima Duarte, Cassilda Lanuza, Waldir Guedes, Carlos Alberto Romano, Roberto Ferreira (Zé Coió), Lenoir Bittencourt, Pontes Santos, Wilson Júnior, Francisco Ribeiro.
A poor laborer is the only man in his village with the courage to face a group of guerrilheiros ("guerrilla ghosts") that haunt the minds of the local villagers. (28 minutes)
(3) Macabre NightmareEdit
- Main article: Macabre Nightmare
- Brazilian title: (Pesadelo Macabre)
- Directed by José Mojica Marins
- Written by José Mojica Marins, Rubens Luchetti
- Cast: Mario Lima, Vany Miller, Nelson Gasparini, Ingrid Holt, Walter C. Portella, Kátia Dumont, Francis Mary, Milene Drumont, Sebastião Grandin, Paula Ramos.
A young man named Claudio (Mario Lima) is overcome with the fear of reptiles, spiders, and being buried alive. When he undergoes a shocking event, he becomes unresponsive and is mistakenly buried. When he regains consciousness inside his coffin, his screams of terror from underground go unheard by the villagers (31 minutes)
|thumb|300px|Film opening scenes|